Translate

04 April 2012

Redbank Plains artist Suezan Cunningham to open first exhibition




Suezan Cunningham shows her art at the Old Ipswich Courthouse.


REDBANK Plains artist Suezan Cunningham is staging her first exhibition of paintings until April 16 at the Old Ipswich Courthouse, cnr East and Roderick Sts.

The 25 big, acrylic artworks on show are vibrant and colourful, with themes such as fireworks, flowers, fish and abstract.

The Ipswich Art Society exhibition, Art by Suezan, will be open from 10am-4pm every day except Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

Ms Cunningham said she had been painting "seriously" for only a year.

"I've had the God-given talent all my life," she said.

"I didn't want to waste something I've been given.

"It's my time to do my art.

"I had to work and feed the four kids.

"It's only now I've got space in the house that I can pursue my art."

Ms Cunningham has had no formal training as an artist, apart from a class last year at the gallery.

She has painted backdrops for church plays. 

www.QT.com.au
3.4.12

Channel 7 News: James Hardie v Ipswich City Council

Channel 7 News Flashback to 1995

Livestream TV via GNN - Goodna News Network

Watch live streaming video from goodna at livestream.com